Saturday, April 18, 2015

Does my face make me look fat?




This year just keeps pointing out things to remind me that I am truly getting older. I didn't think all that much about the fact that I turned 40 this year. I couldn't care less that I keep sprouting more and more grey hairs every year. I wasn't even all that concerned about not having six-pack abs. The things that are getting my attention are my high blood pressure and, more recently, borderline cholesterol levels. It's starting to look like my wife has been right these past eight plus years when she kindly reminded me that I should take better care of my health.
I have decided that I am going to actually make a real effort to improve my health so that I can shed a few pounds and hopefully lower my blood pressure and cholesterol levels. I know my wife would kill me if I had a heart attack while running along with my daughter while she's riding her bike. It would kind of be like being shot and then hanged, but either way, I know she wouldn't be happy with me.

Making a change to my health habits has actually been on my radar for a while now. Something about having a wife and a couple of kids will tend to do that to you. I would have started a few months ago, but I really hate being one of those people who makes a New Year's resolution just to forget about it a few weeks later. (I don't really like New Year's resolutions at all.) Well, since we are now half way through April, I shouldn't have to worry about this new drive for improved health failing because of that.

I have learned with other things in my life that my rate of success improves dramatically when I hold myself accountable for results. I don't mean personally holding myself accountable - because that's only so good. I'm talking about setting the goal and then telling others what I have planned. Making my goals public (I've never made them as public as a blog before) means that anyone and everyone is likely to ask me about my progress.

Well, I took it a step further this time. I started another standalone blog to track myself. In reality, I was just chomping at the bit to find another outlet for writing and if it helps me achieve my goal - so be it. If you don't feel like you're getting to read enough of my ramblings, check out my other blog, Hubby Health. You can use the link in the previous sentence or click on the link located on the sidebar at my Average Jester page. (Just in case you decide to check it out later.)

I won't ramble on here any longer...since you now know where to go if you want to read more about my progress towards meeting my health goals. Until next time....