Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's mowing season





I love yard work. There's just something about spending time outside and getting a little exercise while making the place look nicer. While mowing the lawn tonight, I even thought about the possibility of taking on a few other yards so I could get even more enjoyment and exercise out of it. I quickly talked myself out of that when I realized that it would probably feel more like chores because it's not my yard.
I hate to say it, but mowing has been about the only exercise I've gotten recently. I've been itching to get out on the bike a few times per week since I got it, but that hasn't happened. I'm not charged up enough about riding to go out and do it in the rain or while everyone in our household is sick. Then again, it hasn't rained EVERY day lately...it just feels like it. (The lawn looked like it too.) At least everyone in our family is healthy again and the weather looks like it should be clear from here on out....and I'm ready for it.

My girls are definitely ready for it too. I know my wife and I are ready for a mental health break after being cooped up in the house all winter. Getting outside will be a good way to blow off a little steam and maybe help ease up on some of the temper tantrums at home. It will probably help my girls too.

Right now, the wife and I have the house opened up and are currently enjoying the beautiful evening we're having. It would be wonderful if this weather carries through the extended weekend. If so, I imagine I will be praying for the rain to come back so I can recover from my girls wearing me out for three days straight. I hope you get a chance to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather too. Until next time....