Saturday, November 7, 2015

Hunting For Love




It's that time of year again. We've already started seeing the Christmas decorations for sale at local retail stores. This means it's only a matter of time before my wife starts dreaming about watching "Love Actually" - her favorite Christmastime movie. I figured since this is my 100th average jester blog post (according to my post ticker anyway), I thought I should do something special today. I'm going to write about LOVE.

LOVE makes us want to search for it
Even at an early age, we feel the attraction within ourselves. Love is a completely natural feeling that only seems to grow as you get older and wiser...and get a little more life experience. From those early days on, the internal need to find love seems to grow. There may be times that we get that "love at first sight" feeling, but more often than not, we end up spending more time searching for it.

We try to attract LOVE
Obviously, sitting there just waiting for love to come to you isn't always the most productive way of finding love, so we come up with ways to attract it. We spend a lot of time analyzing the way we act, look and even dress, in an effort to somehow attract love. In the end though, it often comes down to blind luck, fate and just being in the right place at the right time. Once we feel we have found a possibility for LOVE, we tend to try and bring it closer to us. Love typically shows for one sooner that the other. Because of this, we makes every effort to draw that love to us. The closer you get to the other - the better chance there is to find love.

LOVE takes over you when you see it
The first sight of love is a very powerful thing. Your heart feels like it's going to beat out of your chest. Your palms get sweaty. Your mouth goes dry. You feel like you can't even breath. Everything else races out of your mind and you fixate on that love. This is also a time when some people freeze up and fail to act. They may feel like any wrong move could ruin their chance of love, but no action is a guaranteed way to not find love.

You need to act on LOVE
Once you have that love in your sight, you need to act. Remember, no action means no love. Calm yourself. Take a deep breath. Exhale slowly. Then squeeze the trigger. A heart shot is instant, but I hear it's generally safer to go for the spot just behind the heart and lungs for a better chance at hitting vital organs. Wait...What? I'm talking about hunting. What did you think I was talking about? There's a lot of love involved in hunting. Prep time. Time in the woods. The thrill of the hunt itself. The meat you get to eat later. There's a lot to love.

100 is a special number
I figured since this is my 100th blog post, I would write something that's 100% fiction. I say this because I have never been hunting in my life, so I pretty much made everything up based on assumption and a little bit of knowledge I've overheard from friends who do hunt. I guess it's not really totally fiction.... Some of this could technically apply to other types of love...except maybe the "squeeze the trigger" part.

Feel free to re-read the post again, but with the mindset of hunting. I think you will see the true intent of this post....besides shooting for 100% fiction. Happy hunting! Until next time....