Thursday, February 4, 2016

Well That's Just WWWonderful



There are a number of ways that you can access information on the good old world wide web. There is a wide variety of web browsers for you to choose from. I am partial to Chrome, but there are a few web portals I use that just seem to run smoother with other browsers. In addition to choosing a browser, there is an ever-growing selection of devices you can use to access the internet.

PC's, laptops, tablets and phones are used on a nearly constant basis throughout the day to access the immeasurable amount of data out there on the web. No matter what your preferred means of access, one thing trumps it all....You need a connection that works.

I was particularly irritated this week when I wasn't able to access my very own website. Not only could I not access my WordPress admin portal to write a post. I couldn't even view my own website online.

It had nothing to do with my internet connection being out. It all came down to my IP address. The only thing that was wrong with my IP address was that my own host was blocking it. With all the spam hits I continually have to fight so my analytics reports aren't completely skewed, you'd think my very own IP address would be safe....and you'd be wrong.

After receiving an "everything's fine on our end" report from my host, I continued to press on and troubleshoot the issue on my own. I managed to eliminate all possibilities other than my host flat-out blocking my IP. I submitted another tick to my host to find out that, sure enough, they were blocking my IP. That's annoying, but was fortunately a quick fix once I identified the problem for my host....you know...the people who are supposed to be able to identify what's going on with the site their hosting.

This "minor" irritation started me thinking more seriously about my (currently) half-hearted move back to Blogger. Since I am caring less and less about the web design side and more about the writing side, why should I continue to pay for hosting services? Even more so now that my host apparently can't keep my (the owner of the domain) IP address off the blacklist.

So I took the plunge and cancelled my web hosting package and kept only my domain hosting. I figured I would just re-direct my averagejester.com domain to my Blogger account. Pretty simple right? Not with this host. They gave me the song and dance that I couldn't re-direct my domain unless I paid for a hosting plan. Pretty funny since I do that exact thing with another host.

I then took the obvious next step. I am now transferring my domain name to another host. This of course is after being blocked by my (soon to be) former host's from redirecting my URL. So, I am now in that 5-7 day wait for the transfer to complete so I can finally redirect my averagejester.com to my blogger site.

Basically this is a rather long winded way of letting you know that I am aware my averagejester.com URL has not been functioning properly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused either of my loyal readers.

The good news is that if you're actually reading this, you either found my Blogger page and/or my averagejester.com URL is working again. Either way, I'm glad you made it through the confusion and found me again.

Now that this fiasco is almost completely behind me, I am looking forward to blogging on my original Blogger account again. I'm not going to guarantee that my writing will get any better, but I can tell you I will spend less time being distracted by the bells and whistles of a full-blown hosted website. We'll see how it goes. Until next time....