Monday, September 19, 2016

A Brief History of Chaos




I am very honored that Jesse asked me to write a guest blog post here on average jester. My name is Scott Hanson, my blog is called Chaotic Kids & Clutter, and you can find it by clicking HERE (please do so often). It turns out that Jesse and I are pretty much the same person. We are both 42 years old. We both live in Minnesota. And we both blog about our lives and our kids and whatever other nonsense we can think of, although I currently have 4 kids, and I believe Jesse only has 2…perhaps that means that I am twice the man that he is, but that is just speculation on my part…

Chaotic Kids & Clutter started about 4.5 years ago, after my pastor encouraged me to start a blog while we were eating breakfast at Denny’s. He thought my incessant facebook posts were funny enough to warrant some longer ramblings. He clearly was delusional.  Not long before that I had read somewhere that the average blog has a readership of one person, which further proved that my pastor was insane for even mentioning it. I continued to think he was crazy until about 12 minutes after I got home from breakfast that day, when I sat down and wrote my first blog post (apparently I can be easily swayed by a man of God…).  Right from the start, I have written about whatever has popped into my head, most of which has revolved around my kids (did I mention that we have four…?), but could include anything and everything. When people ask what kind of blog I have, I sometimes tell them that it’s part humor blog, part parenting blog, and part desperate plea for help. I think that explains things about as succinctly as possible.

I will mention that Chaotic Kids & Clutter was fortunate enough to win the prestigious Best Kept Secret Blog award at the 2014 Bloggie Awards, and it was nominated for the same award in 2015. I am extremely proud of both nominations, and frankly don’t understand how it got nominated either time, but I will gladly accept the accolades.

I will also mention that, if you do happen to read some of my posts on Chaotic Kids & Clutter, you should know the cast of characters I write about. First of all, I am me. Second of all, my wife is known as The Wife. Our kids are, in order of age: The Girl, age 7; The Boy, age 6; The Little One, age 4; and The Baby, age 0. We also have two annoyingly yippy dogs named Toby and Gromit. For some reason I have never deemed it necessary to give them aliases. Or is it alii…?

So, this was a brief history of Chaotic Kids & Clutter. If you check it out, I hope you like what you see. And if you like what you see, I hope you tell all your friends and/or enemies and/or people you kind of know but not really. Oh, and I also have a fly-fishing themed blog called The Riffle. I have been an avid fly fisherman for 32 years, and have worked in and around the fly fishing industry for 15. If you are at all interested in learning a little more about that coolest of outdoor sports, please check out The Riffle. Thanks! And thanks, Jesse! I hope you don't regret having me as a guest blogger!


<<<<<  average jester note  >>>>>

I want to thank Scott from over at Chaotic Kids & Clutter for taking the time to guest post here on average jester. It's fun to open up my writing space to fellow bloggers that I enjoy reading. Scott is actually the first blogger I ever officially followed (not in a creepy stalker way) when I first got the idea bouncing around in my head to start my own blog. I have enjoyed his writing style and humor ever since. If you enjoy what you see here on average jester, I strongly encourage you to check out his work. Thanks again Scott!   ~Jesse