Sunday, September 18, 2016

Tall Tales - The Sequel and Video Evidence


A few days ago, I wrote a post titled "Tall Tales" where I explained my 5 year old's unique manner of telling stories. (Technically she's 5-3/4 years old. She will hold you to that if you say she's only 5.) I mentioned in that post that I was going to try and get video evidence of one of her rambling stories. 

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that I would accomplish this mission in less than a week. In fact, I got two videos recorded today. One and a half if you consider the fact that I didn't manage to start recording the second story until she was halfway into her story. Without further ado, here are two videos of her storytelling abilities:

#1 - This video was shot with her full consent. On the walk home from church this morning, she rambled on about why she loves Fall. I asked if she would be willing to tell me the story again while I recorded it. She said fine, but had some stipulations. The video shoot had to take place on our front sidewalk, sitting in her favorite blue chair and facing in a specific direction. Here's her explanation of why she loves Fall with an example from last year:




#2 - This 2nd video was shot in semi-stealth mode. She started telling a story about playing in the snow with her sister last year while they were attempting to build a snow fort. After she started her story, my wife handed me my phone (to record the story) and I pretended to be checking my phone while she continued her story, but secretly recording her story. As you will see at the end, my spy abilities need some work. Here it is: 




I hope you enjoyed these short stories from the youngest story teller in our family. I still wish I could get some implants in my eyes to allow the automatic recording of everything I saw throughout the day. If nothing else, video #1 is at least video proof that my sample story in the original "Tall Tales" blog post was pretty dead on in terms of her repeating and clarifying throughout the story telling process. Until next time....