Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Gone Fishin'


Greetings friends! Here we are a month and a half into 2017 and I'm writing my first blog of the year. Truth be told, I've started a number of blog posts over the past few weeks and ended up tossing each and every one of them aside. They all felt forced - like I was trying to write something merely for the sake of writing. 

The sad part is that with only a handful of sentences written so far, I am already thinking about other things I could be doing at this very moment. It's not all bad though. This has actually worked out to be a pretty good thing for me so far. 

Don't worry. I haven't...

...fallen off the face of the planet. Although this would have been understandable considering my work with Deep Space Exploration over at Life Explained. 

...died of old age. Contrary to the fact that I have been tired and achy for the last week like I'm an old man or something. Hopefully it's just the flu.

...been hit by a bus...or car. This would be funnier if you had been here last week when a car crashed into the tree in our front yard at 4:45am. Since I'm an old man and all, I was sound asleep in bed. 


On the bright side, I have...

...enjoyed more quality time with my wife. We are now attacking our well planned goals like a perfectly syncronized dance couple. 

...enjoyed more quality time with my daughters. This is in spite of the fact that my 8 year old now beats me in half the Chess games we play. Why did I ever teach her to play Chess??

...actually "been here" for my friends and family. I haven't been viewing everything that happens in my daily life as the next blog post. 

...kept my head in the clouds. Although this has been more dreaming about current plans to reach future goals rather than dreaming up content to put on the blog. 

As of now - I'm gone fishin'
I intend to extend my blogging hiatus for an undetermined amount of time. I imagine I will dive back in with full vigor at some point, but right now I am enjoying my little break. Until that happens, I will continue to read what my fellow bloggers put out there and enjoy the efforts you all continue to put into your writing. 

Take care my friends and I'll see you on the flip side! Until next time....